Sunday, July 15, 2012

Game of Thrones Review

Game of Thrones is an HBO produced show. That means you can be sure of two things. The production value is sky high, and so is the level of nudity/sex. Unfortunately the two can't be divorced it seems, so we live with it, and enjoy the show itself. And enjoy it I did.

I burned through both seasons in a single week once I finally started. I was hooked. It achieves a perfect level of grayness in which there are some definite protagonists I can root for the entire time, without going entirely black and white. Characters surprise me, do bad or good things unexpectedly, and are just generally enjoyable to watch.

It was of course depressing when Ned Stark died at the end of season 1, but we got past that as new heroes rose up to defend the north. Really the one big problem I had with the show was it's fuzziness on some of the topics. Religion was confusing because there are three main religions, an old, a new, and a newest. But some refer to the middle as the old religion, and some refer to it as the new. The show never really explains it well enough. I had to go to the wiki online to really figure it all out.

I don't hold it against them too much though, because there's SO much to cover. The world and backstory are massively in-depth. With only 10 episodes a season, it's difficult to cover everything.

Overall, I'd give the show an 8/10.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment