Thursday, September 23, 2010

Monetize

So, I've been examining all the options on the Blogger Dashboard, and found this cool "Monetize" tab. It simplifies adding ads to my blog, so that you all can click, and I can make money.

Yay ..... not.

I hate ads. I hate viewing them. I hate having them even on the page. Ads are annoying. So, I am going to do you all a favor and Not monetize my blog. No annoying ads.

What about the other blogs, which do have ads? I can't control them. What I can do though, is tell you how to get rid of the ads, from your own end. Let me introduce you to a beautiful little thing I like to call AdBlock Plus. It's a Firefox addon, that blocks ads. It blocks picture ads, it blocks Java ads. Even blocks Flash ads. It's quite nice. It even blocks the ads on the side of Facebook. Here's a preview of how it handles the PCMag website.

















I'd recommend this, it's a nifty little addon that makes the web nicer. Granted, in a way, this whole post is an advertisement. Yay for irony.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment