Monday, August 18, 2014

CodePen.io SVG Feature Request Update

Less than two weeks ago I submitted a feature request to CodePen.io, for the ability to embed a 'pen as an SVG image. Not only did they respond within a few days saying that they'd add it to their list, they actually got it working .... in less than two weeks. Take a look at the logo I converted to SVG a few days ago, emdedded below from CodePen. It looks and acts like a simple image. This is how I'd be calling it in a production site, as an image. It's really easy now to compare the difference between the two image types:

SVG:




PNG:

(Displayed at native resolution)





Now, if CodePen could add the ability to take snapshots and version history like JSFiddle does, I'd have everything I need in one service and wouldn't have to use both.

No comments:

Post a Comment