Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First Entry, Lets Try This Out

Okay, my first blog entry on here. I'm not really sure what all I'm going to use this for, be it a specific theme, or just random. However, since it will be linked as part of the site, it will have something to do with living as a rational anarchist.

Speaking of which, I was thinking about that the other day. How does one translate the ideals of rational anarchy into real life. I have been playing the game Nations, on facebook, and in making decisions, I've found that many times, I actually do something that ideally, I should not do, because it seems like a good idea. I mean, for a normal person, living as a rational anarchist is easy. As Heinlein said, I am free, because I know that I alone am responsible for my actions. I do what I wish to, but I do so knowing full well the consequences. Translate that into the real world, I would think of it like, a balance. I know that if I do something which breaks a law, there will probably be consequences, because, the government is more powerful than I am. So, if I felt like doing something illegal, I would just balance it out against the consequences. Is it worth what will happen? If it is, I will do so, if it's not, I won't.

The basic idea to that rambling is, look at life rationally. Look at the consequences of your actions. If the good outweighs the bad, do it, no matter what other people, even the government say.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment