Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just More Stuff

So, yesterday, I was standing in line outside my dining court. The lines are longer now because they shut down one of them, which is annoying, but, ehh, not really important to the story. Anyway, I'm standing there, and this kid walks out. He's about 7 or 8 from the looks of him, and he's holding a banana. Well, all fine and good, right? All of the sudden, he holds it up like a gun and starts making little boom buurrsshhh gun noises, jerking it like he's shooting, and aiming, traversing the entire line. Then he grins and giggles, and walks away, with what looked to be his family, parents, and an older guy, looking about my age.



So, this disturbs me. Why would a 7 year old think it's "cool" or 'fun" to shoot at a crowd? Well, bad quesstion, because it's obvious, he heard it from either media, friends, family, etc. The real idea that was interesting to me was not Why it happened, but the fact that it Happened in the first place. I don't think anyone should think it's cool to shoot at crowds, even for pretend, let alone a child thinking that. It scares me a bit. The rational anarchist in me says, if he wants to pretend, he's not hurting anyone. However, I fear, if kids think it's cool to pretend to shoot at crowds, they might grow up and think it's okay to Shoot at crowds.

On another note, I saw that the KKK has a website. Talking about the racial war against whites. Personally, I'd love to hack and destroy their website, but that's just me. Heck, if I could, I'd go back in time to 1866 with a kevlar suit and some machine guns, and wipe the first bunch out, because I think they deserved it. However, I can't. Do I think the current KKK members deserve death? Maybe. It depends on who they are and what they have done, individually. Rational Anarchy teaches, if someone is doing something that doesn't affect anyone besides themselves, then it's okay, live and let live. So, if someone is an extreme racist, in their own head, I don't give a damn. However, if they start Doing things about it. Then action needs to be used. There is no question the original KKK was evil. They tortured and killed. They deserved death. However, now, it just depends on the individual. On the other hand, I'd still wipe out their website for preaching hate, but that's just me.

I watched Traitor tonight. Very good movie. I was very interested by the way it protrayed Islam, actually. Because, it was dealing with Islamic Terrorists, and painting them as evil, like they are. However, the main character was also Islamic, and was a pacifist, believing in not murder innocents. It was interesting how they showed, Very accurately, that it is not Islam which is evil, but extremists. It was sort of depressing at the end, but mostly good.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment