Friday, December 9, 2011

New Data Files Table

For those of you who have been following this blog for a long time, you might remember that over the summer I mentioned several times that I'm building a new website. I didn't want to share it until it was entirely done, but I'm just too excited about one new page to keep it entirely under wraps. A few of you have seen it already, (and given good advice), and it's now finished, visually and code wise.

The page I'm speaking of is a data table. Very similar code wise to the one I did over the summer, I've added some things that I'd learned since then as well as improved the efficiency of the javascript coding. The main difference though is the visual style. That part is what took me a good 2 months to settle down with, because I'm NOT an artist.

Inspired by the new Hotmail actually, I'm going for a white and light blue theme. One thing I was worried about initially was having that gradient go the full length of the options panel, but I really like it now that it's there. It distinguishes itself from the table itself while still maintaining visual continuity.

Now you might notice there aren't many files yes, and that's true. Only about a third of thing things that'll be there are there, and all the options in the options panel will be represented. It's just a matter of inserting the data into the SQL database though, I haven't gotten around to it. Besides adding more data, the table is finished.

Let me be clear, the site it self is not done, just this single page. You can feel free to look around the rest of it, but it's only about 60% complete. Next page on the list is the class schedule page. I want to stay with the white and light blue theme that I've got going on in the class files page, instead of just the block colors I have right now. So without further adieu, check it out.

Data Table

Any thoughts? Hate it, love it? Leave me a comment.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment