Sunday, May 6, 2012

Double Lives

Every time I go home to visit my parents, I seem to step into a different life. I fall into old routines like I never left; doing laundry, taking out the dog, mowing the lawn. Then I go back to Purdue, and take off like I never left. It almost feels like I'm flipping between two different lives.

This summer might be different in that I'll be home, but working full time with engineering (If I get the J&S internship), but it certainly doesn't feel different. Greenfield has this sense of constant-ness about it. Nothing ever seems to change.

I guess the main thing that ties everything together is my digital life. My computer, my web projects, this blog, they are everywhere; at home, at Purdue, on vacation. The thread that ties my life together is a collection of magnetically etched data on rotating metal disks spread in data centers across the world. Strange to think about.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment