Friday, May 24, 2013

Wieght Loss Update

I reported a few weeks that my diet is going well. I can now report that I've made it to my first goal, 200 lbs! Starting from 215, (and 220 last fall), I've lost 20 lbs, and I'm still going strong.

One thing I've confirmed is my believe that it all comes down to math in the end. If you eat more calories than you burn, you gain weight. If you eat less than you burn, you lose weight. Granted, the body doesn't like losing weight and has lots of tricks to work against you. Slowing itself down metabolically, for example, and burning less calories just in life processes. But if you push through, things happen. It's slow though.

It's been almost 4 months now, and I still see almost zero difference when I look in the mirror. As it goes though, the percent lost with each pound goes up, so hopefully change will accelerate. The next goal I have in my sights is 170.

I did, unfortunately, have to lower my calorie limits starting next week. Since I weigh less, I need less, so the number has changed from 2194 to 2000. I'm rounding down a little because I've been way under the limit for several weeks in a row. The good news is that to maintain 170 lbs, even with very little exercise, the number is 2150. So when I get there, I can still eat a decent amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment