Thursday, April 21, 2011

Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover

I was walking home today from McDonalds, and I happened to pass by one of the bars that cluster near campus. I wasn't really paying attention because I was thinking intensely about a conversation I'd had a few minutes before (which may be the topic of another post, if I can sort out my thoughts). I ended up walking right on the edge of the sidewalk, a few inches away from the storefronts. Just as I was about to pass a door, it opened and two biker-looking men stepped out. Big, grizzly, each covered in tattoos. I couldn't really go around because there was the wall to my left and the door in front, and they were then exiting towards me, on my right. I waited for a few moments and to my surprise, on noticed me standing there and realized that the door had blocked me because of his exit. I Immediately looked chagrined and said, "sh**, I'm sorry man! Didn't mean ta' cut ya' off!". He then pushed the door closed quickly so that I could get going again faster.

It wasn't anything terribly significant, but it just made my day, because it was courteous when the guy didn't need to be. So thank you, random biker!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment