Sunday, May 8, 2011

Wider Blog

So a while back, I wrote a post explaining why my blog was so narrow,and why I wasn't going to change it. Well ... I changed it. The reasons or leaving it narrow, accessibility for people will smaller screens, still exist. However, I finally decided it wasn't worth it anymore, because it was narrow that I had to shrink every photo and make all youtube videos a special custom size.

Another reason that was delaying me was the template I have. I really like the way it looks, it's nice and simple. But it's also no longer offered, because it's so old, and I was hesitant to change it, fearing I wouldn't be able to get it back. However, I realized that I have the option to manually edit the html of the template, so I just went in and increased the width myself. I think it looks better, and will be easier to use in the future. Any thoughts? Yay, nay?

Edit: Finally finished resetting all the video sizes to fit the new width. I think they look better, though it seems to dominate the text.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment