Saturday, May 14, 2011

Woah!


I love being a kid. Call me lazy, call me unambitious. The responsibilities of adulthood have never really been something I've anticipated. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand being a kid has it's drawbacks, but I still appreciate the good parts. Lack of responsibility; a more carefree life.

Growing up as a young child, I always knew that when I finally got to high school, I'd be mature; that I'd have to give up childhood. When I got to high school, I realized how silly that was, I could stay a kid until I got to college. Then when I got to college, I started out by living in a dorm with a meal plan, and really there was not much difference between it and high school. I just replaced my parents with the RAs and cooks. Responsibility, pfft.

This summer however, I'm staying in an apartment; Living on my own for the first time. It's certainly interesting. I'm moving in tomorrow, and I just got off the phone with the power and then water company, getting all the utilities turned on. And cooking, which has normally been something of a rarity for me, a break from routine, will now be every day.

I think the days of being a kid are finally gone.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment