Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July Weekend - Recap

So as I mentioned in my last post, when I got home on Friday evening, my website decided to disappear. When I called tech support, a very nice lady on the phone told me that sucks, but too bad, everyone is gone for the 4th.

Saturday rolled around, website still down. Good news though, Earth Defense Force decided to release itself 3 days early! I spent 2 hours playing with a friend before he had to leave for work, then went home and took a nap before hanging out with the parents.

Sunday rolled around, I was planning on spending the entire day with my friend playing EDF. However, he decided just to cancel without letting me know, which was sort of annoying. I spent some time trying to figure out why my website wasn't working, couldn't do anything. Depressing day.

Monday was better, I went to several Independence Day parties/cookouts and saw several people that I'd gone to high school with. I ended up even playing some Halo Reach with some of them, before finally returning home and going to see the Fireworks.

Tuesday rolled around, I had to get up early to go to lunch with yet another high school friend that I hadn't seen since we graduated. Then straight from lunch to a hair cut appointment, and finally to a dentist appointment. The dentist was depressing because even though I've been working harder than normal on brushing, I still have 2 cavities. At least though both are small, I couldn't feel any pain when the little metal thing pushed down. Should be a pretty quick drilling session. Then went home, ate dinner, and played some EDF over Xbox live.

Today rolled around and it's been relaxing. I got up, worked on some CESAC issues, none of which actually got solved because people didn't seem interested in returning my calls. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive on that end. In about an hour, I'm going to try a second time to see Transformers. I tried on Saturday night, but it sold out before we could get tickets ... after we had driven a half hour to the IMAX.

Tomorrow I'm heading back to Purdue. I work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Monday was canceled due to Independence Day, and Thursday I don't work until the afternoon. So I was able to call off one day of work and get a 5 day mini-vacation, which has been decent overall. Even productive.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment